Pages

12.26.2013

Life Goals - SFX Makeup Artistry

Special effects makeup has always been something I'm very passionate about. Makeup in general was just a gateway into something so much more beautiful that I never really even knew I could do. Basically from YouTube, I picked up such a weird skill that I would have never guessed I was good at. 
It started out more as a fun Halloween costume. I wanted to be a zombie but not just like a "I like turtles" zombie, but more like an actually terrifying, oh my god her face is actually falling off zombie.

Sorry, kid. 

That year I just so happened to stumble across the world of at home SFX. Toilet paper and glue was what I started out with. It didn't look fantastic, but it did the job for one night. The next year though, it was like I began to perfect my craft. 

Taking a minute to appreciate my long hair, R.I.P

I'd gotten the basics, like blending, making bruises, but it just wasn't extreme enough. I learned about liquid latex and everything just looked so much more realistic. I was just watching different technique videos and learning so much about various ways to manipulate everything to get the right effect. 






Now I'm just doing my best to keep practicing and making my face look at messed up as possible. Hopefully one day I can work on the Walking Dead or do something awesome with my life. That would be probably the best thing for me in all honesty. For now, I'm posting some of my zombie makeup things, like the process of applying the makeup and turning myself into a disheveled zombie on my YouTube and probably will be doing a lot more videos like this in the future. 


For now I leave you with my recent creation 


Thanks for reading 

-Cassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment