Pages

5.01.2013

Review: Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous



Ok so, after saying I was back and better than ever, I'm already off a day, of course. 
But I really am back now! I was having issues with my computer over the last week but everything is fixed and ready to go so I figured I'd start you off with something that I've tried out and that would be the Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous mascara. 
First off, a story; I went to Publix, if you live in the south you probably know what that is, and I was looking for a good mascara. I really haven't found anything super eye-catching (heh, see what I did there) nor do I have a favorite per-say. It honestly varies on what I'm looking for this time around. I tried out the Rimmel Scandal-eyes which was awful. Seriously, all the packaging and the "revolutionary brush" is crap, it's a basic formula with a huge brush. Nothing impressive. Anyways, I think I went more for length and some volume this time. The Stiletto line has been out for a while so in no means is this a new mascara, but the red one caught my eye. 

 

I picked up the blackest black they had and figured I'd give it a go. The wand is this curved guy and has pretty short, stiff bristles. The formula isn't super wet which is awesome because if theres anything I hate, it's an extremely wet mascara formula. I noticed that on the wand, the fibers of the formula kind of stick together, true to their "stiletto length formula". The brush's length actually surprised me the most. It was really long and with one swipe I practically got all of my lashes coated. Of course I had to go back and spruce up the inner lashes a bit, but nothing annoying about the application process there! 

So I figured I'd give you a look at my lashes without mascara so you can truly see the effect the product delivers. 

Before:

 Haha, look at my bumpy skin up close! 

After: 

Oooh, the length! 

If you can't tell, the length with just one coat is pretty intense. It almost instantly made them super long like little spider leggies! I was pretty shocked with the immediate length to be quite honest, but the volume factor really isn't there for me. I mean I can definitely tell where it was thickened a little bit, but one coat really didn't supply the "voluptuous" thickness I was looking for. 


After Two Coats: 



So that's a bit better on the volume level! Dat length tho. I really do like this mascara for the length factor. I really appreciate how it actually delivers what it says it will *cough*Rimmel*cough* and how for once my eyelashes don't look super stubby! I will be finishing this mascara but I honestly am not sure if I'll repurchase it. I might sill look out for something with more of a volume impact, but it really depends on how this continues to weather for me! 

Do you guys have any particular mascara that you choose? Anything you like about this mascara?

  




No comments:

Post a Comment