Pages

11.26.2013

Review - Pinky Paradise Circle Lenses!

Before you get sketched out by the title, I know what you're thinking. I'd read a lot about circle lenses and colored contacts bought from over the internet before and I could have sworn that I'd never buy them until this last Halloween rolled around. Then I decided to jump on the super kawaii bandwagon that was circle lenses, and let me tell you, I was happily surprised.


So circle lenses. Yeah, they've gotten a pretty bad rep over the last few years from online media saying that they're dangerous (and some websites CAN BE DANGEROUS so please be careful when purchasing online contacts) so I'd been very cautious about them. I'd heard horror stories from optomotrists saying circle lenses can damage your eyes, cause severe discomfort, all sorts of things, but that was when they'd just started to become a more popular trend.

Now, I see them everywhere. People use them for cosplay, a girl I work with uses them daily and has for years just as her regular contacts, and I was more comforted when I read reviews by some people saying that they were pretty comfortable, they lasted a long time, and they were really cute. Now I'd first seen colored contacts when they were just beginning to be a thing, like really cheap ones that made your eyes look super fake and just strange, not the really nice ones they have now. I had already assumed that since I had dark eyes, no contacts would change the color or do my eyes justice. Boy was I wrong. 

I bought my pair from Pinky Paradise, this super cute contact distributer that has hundereds of pairs of awesome contacts. I came across the website through Miles Jai, a very popular YouTuber, and I decided that since he had a pretty good experience with them, I would give it a go. 


My Halloween costume that I wanted to be had blue eyes so I went for the brightest blue pair I could find in hopes that it would make my eyes at least somewhat appear blue. They took about a week to get delivered and from first impressions, I was happy. The packaging was adorable. The contacts themselves come in these little individual jars and they give you a contacts case to keep them stored in.

Hippos. I mean, really, it's adorable. 

Color : GBT Sky

I honestly was expecting the color to not show up at all or for it to be extremely uncomfortable but the contacts actually did a good job at hiding my real eye color. 
Without Contacts

With Contacts

My obvious first complaint would be that the contact didn't completely cover my iris. You can still see the hazel color and it was a little bit of a bummer. Up close, the contacts look pretty fake. I mean, I wasn't expecting my eyes to look natural, but you can see all the little dots and everything when you get close enough making me look like I have a matrix eye. 

Comfort isn't really an issue. I thought they would be really aggrivating to my eyes because mine are extremely sensitive but they really didn't even bother my eyes. I guess after years of contact use my eyes are pretty comfortable with that but I was still pretty surprised with how little they bugged me. Not going to lie though, you can definitly feel them. Sometimes they felt really weird, almost like when you wear your contacts inside out, but it wouldn't be a constant aggrivation. I didn't really have any problems with burning or anything like that but you definitly do not want to sleep with them in. I know theres a lot of people who do sleep with their contacts in, and with reguar contacts, it's not that big of a deal, but with something like this, the comfort does not last. I fell asleep with them in once by accident and my eyes were so itchy and uncomfortable that I actually woke up and had to take them out. 


Side by side, you can definitly see the difference. I feel like they did a pretty good job at giving an illusion of another color but do I think they give off more of a costume look than anything. I really want to try other pairs and see how they wear to see if theres another pair that would be better suited for my eyes. Overall, I would give them a four out of five and I would most likely buy another pair of contacts from Pinky Paradise. 

-Cassidy


No comments:

Post a Comment