Pages

3.14.2013

Bargin Bin: Elf Liquid Eyeliner


If you're familiar to the makeup world, even in the slightest, you've heard of Elf. Elf is a very cheap brand, and I don't mean in quality. Although, yes, sometimes there products can be a huge hit or miss but from a price range of $1 to the max of maybe $10 if you're buying a large set of brushes or palettes, you really can't go wrong and this eyeliner was a huge hit for me.



The packaging at first kind of scared me off. I'd tried their mascara before and hated it with a passion that burns with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns. (Ten points to anyone who got that Fairly Odd Parents reference) But I was in desperate need of a cheap liner considering the fact that my old one had just run out and it was nothing to really run out and repurchase. I guess I was in a experimental mood. And much to my surprise this eyeliner rocks. 


I usually hate the brush tips, instead I like the felt ones like most of L'oreal's liquid liners, so I was almost instantly put off. But I knew that I couldn't hate something I hadn't really tried to work with before so I gave it ago. The brush is actually a perfect stiffness so that it's easy to make my cat-eye with! Not to mention the fact that it can make the thinnest of lines so it makes building an eyeliner shape so easy! 


You can really see how many variations of thickness and thinness you can get with the brush and thats so much easier than using a chubby felt tip in my opinion. If you're more familiar with felt tips like I was, you'll be so excited to see how easy this eyeliner applies! Not to mention the staying power on this baby! My eyeliner lasts all day without fail. The other day my eye started tearing up and I hadn't really seen how well the eyeliner was under the circumstance of me having the tears pour from my retinas and it held up really nicely! There was a little smudge in the very corner but nothing a little Q-Tip couldn't fix. 

But, despite all of these awesome things, there is a slight con. This is the blackest black they had and it comes off a little watery sometimes. If you run one quick line, you can see its not as pigmented, but its easily fixable if you go over it once it's dried a little. It's not a huge issue and definitely won't keep me from repurchasing but I would be lying if I just came on here and was like "Hey this eyeliner is perfect! Theres absolutely nothing wrong with it at all!" And plus, if this turns you off, it's not like you spent $20 on it. 


This is honestly one of my holy grail eyeliners and with the price of $1, it's so much easier to get ahold of. You can pick this up at Target or on eyeslipsface.com! This product is an easy 9/10 for me!





No comments:

Post a Comment